Menu Close
Sub Menu

Research Team

Professor David Carr

David Carr is Professor of Ethics and Education and his principal research interests include: ethics, virtue ethics and moral education; the nature of professionalism and professional ethics; aesthetics; and education of the emotions.

Professor Steve Thoma

Steve Thoma is Professor of Moral Psychology and Psychometrics and his principal research interests include: personality and social development in late adolescence and youth and moral judgement development.

Professor Robert C Roberts

Robert C. Roberts is Professor of Ethics and Emotions Theory at the Jubilee Centre for Character and Virtues, a joint Chair with the Royal Institute of Philosophy.

Senior Fellow: Benjamin Perks

Benjamin Perks is a Senior Fellow in the Jubilee Centre. Benjamin is a diplomat specializing in human rights in low and middle income countries. 

Research Fellow: Dr Liz Gulliford

Liz’s doctoral thesis is an interdisciplinary evaluation of positive psychological approaches to strengths and virtues, from Queens’ College, Cambridge.

Research Fellow: Dr Daniel Moulin-Stożek 

Dr Daniel Moulin-Stożek joined the Jubilee Centre as a Research Fellow in September 2017. Daniel studied Educational Research Methodology and Educational Studies at the University of Oxford. 

Research Fellow: Dr Binish Khatoon

Binish is working as a Research Fellow within the Centre, working on a project looking to explore interventions which best enable medical, teaching and legal professionals to explore virtues.

Research Fellow: Dr Panos Paris

Panos joined the Jubilee Centre in September 2017. He recently completed his PhD in Philosophy at the University of St Andrews. His research interests are in aesthetics and ethics, as well as the relationship between these realms of value.

Research Fellow: Dr Catherine Darnell

Catherine joined the Jubilee Centre as a Research Fellow in September 2017. Prior to joining the Centre Catherine worked as a teaching fellow at the University of Birmingham's School of Psychology lecturing on the modules Adolescent Mind and Brain and Introduction to Developmental Psychology. 

Research Fellow: Dr Stephen Earl

Stephen joined the Jubilee Centre for Character and Virtues in September 2017. His PhD research focused on secondary school education with young adolescents. Stephen also worked as a graduate teaching assistant and sessional lecturer in Sports Psychology and attained a PGCHE teaching qualification during his time at Kent. 

Research Fellow: Francisco Moller

Francisco Moller is a Research Fellow in the Centre. He works as a data analyst contributing to projects across the Centre.

Research Fellow: Michael Fullard

Michael has recently joined the Jubilee Centre as a Research Fellow. He has 9 years' experience working as a primary school teacher. Michael aims to contribute to the development of character education within UK schools, an area he believes is vital to the development of young people today.

Research Fellow: Paul Watts

Paul joined the Jubilee Centre as a Research Fellow in September 2017. Paul has four years’ experience working as a teacher and member of the senior leadership team at a primary school. He has assumed the role of mathematics and English subject leader during this time and has also worked with schools in his Local Education Authority as a Leading Teacher, supporting teachers with planning, teaching and assessment. 

Research Associate: Emma Taylor-Collins

Emma is a Research Associate, working with the Step Up to Serve campaign in London. Emma graduated from the University of Warwick with a first class History degree.

Research Associate: Emily Burn

Emily joined the Jubilee Centre for Character and Virtues in April 2016. She works on the Schools of Virtue project which aims to explore schools that place character and virtue development at their heart.

Research Assistant/Impact Officer: Joseph Ward

As Research Assistant/Impact Officer in the Centre, Joseph provides dedicated research support to the Centre Director, and also works with the Centre’s research team to support the delivery of Centre strategies for impact, influence and communication activities.

Research Associate; Jason Metcalfe

Jason joined the Jubilee Centre in September 2017 as a Research Associate. Prior to joining the Centre, Jason worked in secondary education as a teacher of Religious Education, History and Geography within three schools across Birmingham and Solihull.