Menu Close
Sub Menu

Research Team

Professor David Carr

David Carr is Professor of Ethics and Education and his principal research interests include: ethics, virtue ethics and moral education; the nature of professionalism and professional ethics; aesthetics; and education of the emotions.

Professor Steve Thoma

Steve Thoma is Professor of Moral Psychology and Psychometrics and his principal research interests include: personality and social development in late adolescence and youth and moral judgement development.

Professor Robert C Roberts

Robert C. Roberts is Professor of Ethics and Emotions Theory at the Jubilee Centre for Character and Virtues, a joint Chair with the Royal Institute of Philosophy.

Senior Fellow: Benjamin Perks

Benjamin Perks is a Senior Fellow in the Jubilee Centre. Benjamin is a diplomat specializing in human rights in low and middle income countries. 

Research Fellow: Dr Liz Gulliford

Liz’s doctoral thesis is an interdisciplinary evaluation of positive psychological approaches to strengths and virtues, from Queens’ College, Cambridge.

Research Fellow: Dr Binish Khatoon

Binish is working as a Research Fellow within the Centre, working on a project looking to explore interventions which best enable medical, teaching and legal professionals to explore virtues.

Research Fellow: Jinu Varghese

Jinu is a Research Fellow in the Centre, working on the Virtuous Practice in Nursing project.

Research Fellow: Lee Rogerson

Lee Rogerson is a Research Fellow who is currently working on a range of research initiatives across the Centre, including the Character and Values in Marginalised Young People and the Schools of Virtue project. 

Research Fellow: Francisco Moller

Francisco Moller is a Research Fellow in the Centre. He works as a data analyst contributing to projects across the Centre.

Research Fellow: Dr Yan Huo (Huo Yan)

Yan joined the Jubilee Centre for Character and Virtues as a Research Fellow in January 2017. She is currently working on the Virtuous Character in Business & Finance project, which explores the ethics of business students and professionals in the UK. 

Research Associate: Emma Taylor-Collins

Emma is a Research Associate, working with the Step Up to Serve campaign in London. Emma graduated from the University of Warwick with a first class History degree.

Research Associate: Emily Burn

Emily joined the Jubilee Centre for Character and Virtues in April 2016. She works on the Schools of Virtue project which aims to explore schools that place character and virtue development at their heart.

Research Assistant/Impact Officer: Joseph Ward

As Research Assistant/Impact Officer in the Centre, Joseph provides dedicated research support to the Centre Director, and also works with the Centre’s research team to support the delivery of Centre strategies for impact, influence and communication activities.